Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hello Halloween!

To greet my favorite holiday of the year, here are some sketches from yesterday's Halloween-themed Costume Carnival at the Academy of Art. I was teaching a Saturday class during most of the event, but I brought my students over for a little while, as an object lesson in something something reference something. Since Dax Santi thoughtfully tagged most of the models in his photo album of the event, I'll credit them here as well.

To start with, here are Little Red Riding Hood (Simone Eakin), a friendly wolf (Jonathan Bowling), and a nice ghost lady.




Everybody loved the business zombie (Frank Wollesen).



Angela Marie Hutchins, vamping it up.



This misunderstood loner (Pierre Isaac) just wants to play with his pet crow.



And finally, some graveyard hijinks with a monster priest and Liz Ramsey as a hot ghoul.


No comments: