Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Odds and Ends

Here are a couple of recent bits and pieces. First, a fan art illo I did for Ben Jelter's upcoming comic Moscow 38, which is heading into the final two days of a Kickstarter funding drive. At the moment, Ben's netted enough to cover printing and the addition of extra production art and guest illustrations; his next "stretch goal" is to add a bunch of character epilogues and side stories, so we'll see what happens.


Meanwhile, I've been substitute-teaching a comics class for a local summer program aimed at middle- and high-schoolers. Here's a handout I did for them; as you can see, we're very much at a beginner level art-wise.


And finally, I drew this improbable monster while Julie and I were waiting for a preview screening of Pacific Rim. It obviously wouldn't work as a giant kaiju due to its flimsy legs, but if it were about the size of a small dog, I imagine it could bite your leg something fierce.


No comments: