Sunday, January 25, 2015

San Francisco Zoo 01/21/2015

Back to the San Francisco Zoo for the first sketching field trip of the new year. Some familiar faces, and a couple new ones...


 There's a new female red panda, and apparently she's roaming around in the mornings sniffing everything, so I think this is her.


Next stop, the insect zoo. This Madagascar hissing cockroach was clinging to the glass so I could get a good look at his cool little sticky foot pads.


Two views of the handsome wolf spider. I accidentally stuck my thumb in my paint palette, so I had a lot of orange to get rid of.


Brian Wilson the hippo in magnificent repose. He looks very comfortable in the midday sun.


At last, I got to spend some more quality time with my beloved two-toed sloth.


And finally, Kona the sheep, posing regally in the farmyard.

No comments: