Monday, March 2, 2015

San Francisco Zoo 02/22/2015

Time for another day trip to the San Francisco Zoo. I came for the snow leopard lecture, and stuck around for the birds and sheep and crazy koala action.


I always like to check in on the koalas first thing, just in case they're awake. To my amazement, I think I saw some actual koala courtship!


Even Austin, who was chilling indoors, was getting up to all kinds of acrobatic derring-do.


For some reason, the South American exhibit also hosts this elegant Australian black swan. Plus, enjoy a guest mallard and lady wigeon.


At the Animal Resource Center, I finally got around to drawing the fabulous Toulouse, who gave me some excellent poses.


And here are your obligatory sheep for Chinese New Year.


It's a quixotic quest trying to draw the hyperkinetic baby langur, especially now that he's jumping around so nimbly under his own power, but this is probably as good as I'm ever going to get.

No comments: