Wednesday, July 20, 2016

SF Zoo: Winter Frolics

Stepping back in time to February, let's clear out a little backlog of San Francisco Zoo sketches from earlier in the year.


 Because nothing says "Be My Valentine" like a posse of peccaries.


 I finally persuaded a pelican to pose for me.


 And a quick impression of the wiggly, hyperactive little patas monkey.


A couple of weeks later came International Polar Bear Day, and Uulu's outdoor space was enriched with ten tons of artificial snow for the occasion.

 Awwww. What a sweetie!


From snow to sauna. It's always a bit of an endurance test sketching in the hot, humid tropical aviary.


Then I doubled back to the African exhibits near the entrance. Especially happy with that stork...


And finally, I caught the handsome hippo out and about while the staff were draining his pool. I guess he'll always be Brian to me.

No comments: