Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekly Workshop IX

The end, for now! Here are some drawings from the final alumni workshop of the season. Thanks to Eric for hosting these, and to all our models, and to Ed and Josh and Mike and everyone else who dragged themselves out on Wednesday nights to keep me company.

First, the customary five-minute sketches.



Tens and twenties. These represent the last gasp of the ink cartridge in my gray brushpen.





And then one last stab at finger-painting on the iPod Touch. Clearly I need a lot more practice before I get the hang of this, but I'll share my feeble efforts with you anyway. Until we meet again, I hope you'll all remember me by my good drawings!

3 comments:

theo said...

Way to survive gray brush pen! I think the third of your 10-20 minute drawings, the one with the black chair and the white background on the upper left is a masterpiece. Am I mistaken to sense a little Wendling inspiration on those drawings?

Mark Simmons said...

Gosh, thanks! It hadn't occurred to me, but it's flattering that you made that comparison. When I have some actual money, I'll have to buy a bunch of Wendling art books and rub them all over my body so I can absorb some of her mojo by osmosis.

theo said...

lol osmosis wendling would be the best huh...