Thursday, February 19, 2015

New Year Flower Fair 02/14/2015

恭喜發財, everybody! This past weekend, I joined Laurie Wigham and the SF Sketchers meetup group on an excursion to San Francisco's Chinatown for the opening festivities of the Year of the Ram.


I arrived too late for the opening mini-parade, but I got a good look at the awesome lion dancers.


The lion dancers did a bunch of acrobatic routines on the main stage as well. Apparently this is a traditional job for kung fu students.


More action on the main stage. One of the lion dancers climbed a pole and spewed lucky confetti to welcome the new year.


A panoramic view of the crowd in front of the stage, with an inset of the opera singers who were performing as I was finishing up the drawing.


Odds and ends from the start of the festival. I never really got a good look at the dragon, boo hoo.

No comments: